Friday, July 11, 2014

Fuji cards

During my recent AWOL period from the internet and my many military trips, I found a huge pile of envelopes sitting on my desk in the basement. I'm only now finding the time to wade through all them all. The thing that truly amazes me, however, is the warmth and generosity of my blogging brethern.
 
And with that, I'll begin with the package I received from Fuji, the delightful author of Chronicles of Fuji.
 
2010 Bowman Draft USA Jerseys Chris Okey, 2002 Bowman's Best Gold Greg Sain Bat, 2013 Hometown Heroes SP Steve Garvey, 1974 Topps Randy Jones. Okey was a high school catcher selected in the 31st-round by the Padres in the 2013 draft. Okey instead opted to play for the Clemson Tigers. He has also made four appearances with Team USA baseball, his latest, with the Collegiate National Team. Sain, a 1B, 3B and C,  played six years in the Padres minor league system, rising to the AAA level, before trundling off to the New York Yankees and Milwaukee Brewers. He last played with the Florida State Tampa League Yankees in 2006.
 

And then there's the three different flavors of the 2013 Bowman Platinum Chase Headley - a Ruby, Saphire and Gold, sandwiched around a 1988 Topps UK Tony Gwynn card.
 
And of course, Fuji included a wonderful note, "Hey Duff, Thanks for those Padres cards. Here are a few of your PC. Take care. Fuji"
 
Thank you Fuji, for a wonderful addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment