Friday, May 15, 2015

Freebie Fridays featured forthwith!

It must be that time of year. Jan and I have been talking about moving again, downsizing from out three-bedroom house into a one- to two-bedroom condo or apartment in the downtown area.

We've been living in our current residence in Des Moines since 1998, which marks the longest we've ever lived in one place since we've been married. Life in the military has certainly kept us on our toes, with moves to San Diego, Denver, Olympia, Wash., and back to Iowa.

During one of our moves, our moving company told us the average American family accumulates about 500 pounds of junk a year. I can believe it. I think I amass that much weight just in sports cards each year.

For whatever reason, I always seem to pick up massive quantities of sports cards I have no need for.
When I won that $1 bid board box o' cards a while back, it included  basketball and wrestling cards I found at the bottom of the box.

Basketball? Meh, it leaves me cold.  A player gets a hangnail and he's on the DL for two weeks. He gets a cramp and he has to be carted off the court.

Pro Wrestling? Give me a break! If I want histrionics, I'll go visit my two younger sisters. I'll take good old fashioned "folk-style" NCAA wrestling any day. This is Iowa, after all.

According to my wife, she feels I'm too much of a pack rat to just throw these cards away. More than likely, its the fact that I always believe someone may want or need these cards and can't justify tossing them out, even though they may be basketball, wrestling, or even racing cards.

My loss, however, may be your gain.

I'm going to attempt to post a Freebie Friday offer each week. It will feature cards I have no desire to keep, but am more than willing to pass along to a good home. I don't expect anything back in return (unless you truly feel the need to reciprocate), it's just that I can't toss these cards out with a good and clear conscience. If it's a huge set of cards, perhaps you can help with postage, if needed.

One thing I know for sure, getting rid of those cards I have sitting around will definitely make my wife happy.

In any case, here's my first Freebie Friday offers. They are being offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Whoever responds first, gets the cards. All I ask is that one person doesn't become a card hog and claim everything I post. Let's spread the wealth and let everyone share in the goodies.

 
Offer #1 - (BOOK) Classic Sports Card Sets: Best Sports Card sets from the 1950s and '60s.
 
Offer #2 - 1993-94 Jam Session and 1993 Classic Futures
1993-94 Jam Session - Jon Koncak (#7), Rodney Rogers RC (#57), Stanley Roberts (#99), Anfernee Hardaway RC (#159), A.C. Greer (#176), Jerome Kersey (#187), Bobby Hurley RC (#195), Lloyd Daniels (#204), Shawn Kemp (#214), Tyrone Corbin (#223), Pervis Ellison (#233), Tim Hardaway Gamebreakers (#6).
 
1993 Classic Futures - Bill Edwards (#2), Malcolm Mackey (#42), William Davis (#43), Charles "Bo" Outlaw (#55), Mike Peplowski (#59), Thomas Hill (#72), Ed Stokes (#77), Ray Thompson (#87), Gary Troit (#94), Byron Wilson (#94), Rex Walters (#95)
 
Offer #3 - 10 Assorted Topps Allen and Ginter Minis
2008 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini A and G Back #167 Marie Curie
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter #10 Gary Stewart
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini Monsters of the Mesozoic #MM24 Carnotaurus
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini National Animals #NA40 King Cobra/Republic of India
2010 Topps Allen and 206 Mini Historical Events #HE15 May 18, 1910/Earth Pases through tail of Comet Halley
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini Lords of Olympus #LO10 Gaea
2011 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini Step Right Up #SRU9 Knife Throwing
2011 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini World's Most Mysterious Figures #WMF3 Kasper Hauser
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter #140 Tommy Lee
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini Codes, Cyphers and Crypotgraphs #SHE Shugborough Hall Inscription
 
Offer #4  - 19 Assorted Topps Allen and Ginter
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter #9 Kelly Kulick
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter #110 Sherlock Holmes
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter #185 X-Rays
2011 Topps Allen and Ginter #119 Nancy Lopez
2010 Topps Allen and Ginter  Minds that Made the Future #MMF40 Benjamin Franklin
2011 Topps Allen and Ginter Ascent of Man #AOM3 Choanoflagellates
2012 Topps Allen and Ginter #211 Keegan Bradley
2012 Topps Allen and Ginter #51 Don Denkinger
2012 Topps Allen and Ginter #237 Al Unser Sr.
2012 Topps Allen and Ginter World's Tallest Buildings #WTB6 Empire State Building
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter One Little Corner #AB Asteroid Belt
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter #62 McKayla Maroney
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter #35 Kevin Harvick
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter #11 Robin van Persie
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Civilizations of Ages Past #IRV Indus River Valley
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Palaces and Strongholds #HP Hohenschangau Castle
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Palaces and Strongholds #SP Summer Palace
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Martial Mastery #GD Gladiators
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Martial Mastery #RM Romans

5 comments:

  1. offer 3 please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've lived in some really cool places. One day I'd like to retire in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an e-mail with your snail mail addresses at mcduff36(AT)msn(DOT) com. Just change AT to @ and DOT to .

    ReplyDelete